Network carrier AT&T will bring Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 in the US on October 24, 2104.
Major US network carrier AT&T has announced that it will be selling the Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 in the country from October 24, 2014. The 6-inch smartphone will be available on contract and without it from Friday. The US launch of the Galaxy Mega 2 comes after a successful Asian market launch earlier this year.
These are the deals that AT&T is offering to its customers –
1. 2-year contract: $150
2. Outright payment without contract: $475
3. AT&T Next 18: $19.80 per month for 18 months
4. AT&T Next 12: $23.75 per month for 12 months
Users that use the Next plan before October 31, 2014, may be eligible for a $100 bill credit from the company.
The Mega 2 is slightly pricey, considering the fact that it does not have any of Samsung’s flagship specifications or a really sleek design. The Galaxy Mega 2 is the successor to the Samsung Galaxy Mega, that was launched last year. The new Mega is slightly smaller than the previous model.
These are the specs of the Samsung Galaxy Mega 2:
- Display: 6-inch
- Resolution: 1280 x 720
- Processor: 1.5GHz quad-core
- RAM: 1.5 GB
- Internal Memory: 16 GB
- MicroSD slot: Yes
- Operating Software: Android v4.4 KitKat
- Camera: Primary – 8 megapixel; Secondary – 2.1 megapixel
- Battery: 2800 mAh, user swappable
- 4G: Yes
- User Interface: TouchWiz UI
The Galaxy Mega was sold in two size options – 5.8-inch and 6.3-inch. For a big size phone, the Mega 2 is a good buy.