Gionee is planning to push a new smartphone out into the market. The phone, likely to be called M2017, will be launched at an event in China on December 26.
The most notable feature of this smartphone is its 7,000 mAh battery. The phone made an appearance on the Chinese certification website TENAA. Gionee M2017 will come packed with high-end features including:
• An octa-core MedicaTek Helio P10 SoC
• A 5.7-inch Quad HD AMOLED display
• 6GB of RAM coupled with 128GB of internal storage.
On the camera front, the M2017 will sport a 13MP shooter on the back and an 8MP snapper on the front. The phone is also likely to feature a dual-camera arrangement at the back. In terms of security, a fingerprint sensor is rumored to be included in the device. Recently, the company launched another smartphone for the Chinese market. Gionee launched the S9 in China, with the phone retailing for 2,499 Yuan. The handset is offered in a range of different color variants including Gold, Rose Gold, and Black. The S9 was the first device by the company to feature a dual-camera setup at the back.
The dual-camera setup comprises of a 13MP Sony sensor and a 5MP Samsung sensor. The setup results in some crisp and clear shots. This is the same setup expected on the M2017. Working together, the two cameras produce images that include a depth-of-filed blur. The S9 features an incredible 13MP front-facing shooter for sharp and crisp selfies.
Other features included on the S9 are:
• A MediaTek Helio P10 SoC
• Internal storage capacity of 64GB
• 4GB of RAM
• A 5.5-inch Full HD display
• A 3,000 mAh battery
• A range of connectivity options that include Wi-Fi, 4G, VoLTE, 3G, GPS and Bluetooth. The Gionee M2017 will be launched towards the end of the year on December 26 in China. The price of the handset will be announced during the launch.