James Bond has always been known for his love of gadgets, which have helped him take down many a villain. We make a list of some of the most interesting Bond gadgets from the franchise.
1. Bell Rocket Belt – Sean Connery put the rocket belt to good use in ‘Thunderball’, as he make a quick getaway from the bad guys by propelling himself into the air.
2. The Briefcase – The simplest of Bond gadgets, was also one of the earliest to be unveiled. Sean Connery used one in ‘From Russia With Love’, in which he concealed a throwing knife, along with 20 rounds of ammunition.
3. Lotus Esprit – The smooth underwater travelling Lotus Esprit from ‘The Spy Who Loved Me’ was a hit with the audience. Its machine gun headlights were quite the centre of attraction.
4. Mobile Phone Driver – ‘Tomorrow Never Dies’ featured an Ericsson phone which allowed Pierce Brosnan to control his BMW while he was on the move. The phone was well before its time, as the movie was released in the year 1997.
5. Aston Martin – Possibly Bond’s favorite car, the Aston Martin DB5 used in Skyfall allows Daniel Craig to eject his passengers at the flick of a switch. It also has hidden machine guns, which are put to good use in the tense final battle with Silvia.