Mobile Phones

Girl in US sustains injury when iPhone catches fire

An iPhone which was carried by a school girl in the US in her pants pocket caught fire while she was in her classroom. The girl – who has not been named – sustained second-degree burns when her iPhone started smoldering in her pocket.

iphon

The girl – who is a student at Middle School of the Kennebunks in Maine – was treated at the hospital on January 31, 2014. The girl informed that her pants were burning and after she sat down, she heard a pop. The school’s principal, Jeff Rodman said that she knew right away that something was wrong and knew her pants were on fire which was caused by the cellphone. Later on, she was treated for minor burns and is expected to return to school soon.

The principal went on to say that the explosion of the phone is being investigated by the State Fire Marshall. The girl’s presence of mind helped her to reduce her own injuries, as she dropped the phone from her pants. However, her pants were still on fire.

The student was helped by other classmates to get her pants off, while the boys left the classroom. The girl wanted to return to school from the hospital, but the officials advised her to take the rest of the day off.

Photo Credits: TimesOfMan

Leave a Reply

To Top