Microsoft introduces update of Word, Excel and PowerPoint for iOS.
Microsoft Office has updated the Word, Excel and PowerPoint apps for iOS to version 1.1. The improvements are small, but will make life much easier for Office for iPad users. This update will help bridge the gap that exists between the tablet and desktop versions of Microsoft Office.
- Documents can now be exported and emailed as PDFs.
- There is an option to use third-party fonts.
- The photos that are inserted into documents can now be cropped.
- External keyboards are supported now.
- Pivot Tables may be added.
- When printing workbooks, there is support for more paper sizes and scaling options.
- Selecting data is easier now with the Flick-to-select feature.
PowerPoint was the star among the apps with the biggest updates coming for PowerPoint. You can now view and edit notes, preview the next slide, jump to other slides, whilst running a presentation.
- Playing videos and music during a presentation.
- Hyperlinks could now be added within presentations.
- Drawings and highlights could be erased in a presentation.
- Videos could be inserted from the Camera Roll.