Some Samsung smartphones and tablets might soon receive updates. The company’s smartphones which are most likely to receive updates are from the Galaxy Note and the S4 series.
Media reports have claimed that at least ten Samsung devices are in line to get an Android 4.4 KitKat update. The South Korean giant is expected to launch the update to a mix of smartphones and tablets very soon. It has also been mentioned that all handsets are relatively popular or new.
It can also be noted that the update will be launched to very specific models, which are tied to certain carriers and capacities and the list is expected to grow further. Only one version of the Galaxy S3 is listed, but there is a possibility that the other US carrier flavors might also get the same KitKat treatment. Up until now, only the Galaxy Note 3 has received an update.
On the other hand, it is still now known when the update might be launched. In the past, Samsung has been very quiet when it comes to software updates. Here is the list of handsets which might receive an update soon:
• Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337
• Samsung Galaxy S4 Active SGH-i537
• Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-c105a
• Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 SGH-i467
• Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900a
• Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-i317
• Samsung Galaxy Mega SGH-i527
• Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-t217a
• Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747
• Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini SM-g730a
Photo Credits: Phonearena